Upcoming Tripwire Webcasts
View and listen to live-streaming webcasts led by industry experts. Learn practical information about Tripwire products and gain insight on general issues regarding compliance and infrastructure management.
Watch previous webcasts on-demand in the Video Resources section.
Live webcasts happen about once a month, so check back frequently.
Jul 29, 2015, 11:00 am US/Pacific
Why check for a hash? Cyber criminals, hacktivists & malware engineers create malicious software disguised with known and expected good filenames. One exploited attack method is to insert malware into patch updates where no integrity check is made of the patch identity.
Unless a security check is done to validate the integrity of the hash value against a known good repository, there could be malware hiding within.
Join David Meltzer, Chief Research Officer, and Dayne Cantu, Sr. Systems Engineer, to learn about:
- Current attack methods that may use filenames you already trust
- How to validate integrity and identity of files and patches in your environment
- Identifying indicators of compromise faster with threat intelligence
- Threat intelligence integrations with Palo Alto, Cisco, CheckPoint and others
Aug 5, 2015, 11:00 am US/Pacific
Take a deep dive into Tripwire’s ASPL, or Advanced Security Profiling Language, and how to extend Tripwire IP360 discovery and profiling to your custom applications and/or policy monitoring. Attendees will learn how to:
- Create and delete custom ASPL vulnerability conditions
- Search for specific vulnerabilities within your environment
- Analyze conditions according to specific parameters
- Bind ASPL rules to applications and operating systems
Sep 2, 2015, 11:00 am US/Pacific
Understand how to maximize use of WebApp360, Tripwire IP360’s non-invasive production web application security scanner, for dynamic detection of Web application vulnerabilities and exposures such as cross-site scripting and SQL injection. Attendees will walk away with a solid understanding of:
- The types of web application vulnerabilities covered by Tripwire IP360
- How to configure the WebApp360 Scan Module
- Reporting options available for web app vulnerabilities
- How WebApp360 assists with PCI DSS compliance efforts
Oct 7, 2015, 11:00 am US/Pacific
Use Tripwire IP360 to find the devices on your network that you know about, as well as the devices you don’t know about. Attend this session to learn:
- How Tripwire IP360 helps you discover and inventory devices
- The systematic process Tripwires IP360 uses to profile hosts
- How to extend the scope of Tripwire IP360 discovery scans at no additional cost
Nov 4, 2015, 10:00 am US/Pacific
Focus your limited resources on your most critical assets by gaining an intimate understanding of the Tripwire Risk Score preferences and how to best leverage risk matrix reporting (aka, the “Vulnerability Risk Heat Map”). This session will cover how to:
- Prioritize hosts based on asset value and red score thresholds
- Identify the top 10 most vulnerable hosts on your network
- Create alerts for excessive host scores
- Generate standardized reporting based on CVSS scores
Dec 2, 2015, 10:00 am US/Pacific
To Authenticate or Not to Authenticate? Understand how to use Tripwire IP360 Deep Reflex Testing (DRT) credentialed scanning for a truer picture of endpoint vulnerability and security posture. By the end of this webinar, attendees will understand:
- The Device Profiler authentication process
- How to bind credentials to multiple entities, IP blocks, or networks
- Optimal configuration of SMB, SSH, SNMP, web app credential types