Tripwire Builds on Industry Leadership in 2007 with Customer Growth, Record Sales and Product Expansion
Portland, OR - Jan 22, 2008 - Strengthening its leadership position, Tripwire Inc.® announced its robust growth, ending 2007 with more than 6,000 customers, and 52 million dollars in bookings. With market leading technology and continued innovation, Tripwire Enterprise led with an 85 percent renewal rate among all customers for all products and 500 new customers. Tripwire’s growth has been driven by its ability to monitor configuration changes across enterprises’ entire IT infrastructure as well as new abilities to perform configuration audit and control for virtualized infrastructure.
Tripwire expanded its customer base as well as its solution set in 2007, answering customers’ need to achieve and maintain the integrity of all IT configurations. In 2007 Tripwire introduced Tripwire Enterprise 7, the first and only solution in the market to marry the assessment of IT configurations with configuration change auditing to proactively assess enterprise risk and ensure efficient, compliant and secure IT operations. Building on this new offering, Tripwire also expanded its policy leadership in 2007, with a record number of customers seeking assistance with PCI compliance and certifications from the Center for Internet Security.
Tripwire received accolades not just in the form of increased revenue and an expanded customer base. Customers gave Tripwire an average score of 9.25 out of 10 on customer satisfaction surveys, and InformationWeek wrote that “most any IT operations group will benefit from Tripwire’s capabilities.” Leading industry analyst Gartner created a new category for configuration auditing this year, emphasizing its importance in successfully delivering secure, compliant and reliable IT services.
Tripwire expanded the breadth and depth of its management team in 2007. New additions to Tripwire’s management team include Mark Gaydos as vice president of marketing and Tomijiro Sugiyama as president of Tripwire Japan. Tripwire also achieved the following milestones in 2007:
- Recorded Q4 2007 as a record quarter in Tripwire history, breaking previous records for sales and profitability
- Recorded total bookings of $52 million
- Selected as the designated compliance solution for BMC’s worldwide customer base through a strategic partnership and resale agreement.
- Expanded geographically, opening a new office in Melbourne, Australia
- Was honored with awards for product excellence by Information Security Magazine, for its dedication to community outreach and giving by Portland Monthly, and as an employer of choice by Oregon Business Magazine
- Granted broad patent for Configuration Audit and Control
- Celebrated its 10-year anniversary
“Tripwire had a record-shattering 2007 because of its commitment to customer service, partnerships and innovation,” CEO Jim Johnson said. “What we did was respond to customers’ needs to achieve and maintain IT configurations and compliance for all types of devices and data centers. In so doing, we provided more value to our customers while strengthening our leadership position.