Tripwire Closes 2009 with Record Growth
Portland, OR - Jan 19, 2010 - Tripwire®, the leader in IT security and compliance automation, announced today that it achieved record revenue in 2009, despite the worldwide IT spending downturn. Revenue grew 19 percent over the last twelve months to $74 million as more than 7000 enterprises and government institutions continued to turn to Tripwire to protect their IT systems and ensure compliance. Additionally, Tripwire closed over 145 transactions in the $100,000 and higher range, recorded $80 million in bookings, and increased cash balance by 52 percent.
Tripwire’s growth is particularly impressive in light of the challenging economic environment. Gartner Inc, the IT research firm, estimated that IT spending would total $3.2 trillion in 2009, a six percent decline from 2008 spending of $3.4 trillion. (Source: Gartner, Inc. "Gartner Says Worldwide IT Spending on Pace to Decline 6 Percent in 2009," July 7, 2009)
While the majority of technology firms retrenched in 2009, Tripwire grew its employee base by 18 percent demonstrating its commitment to deliver the most complete compliance suite of products and services to its customers. The company also continued to be recognized for its commitment to its staff and the environment, with Oregon Business Magazine honoring the company as one of Oregon’s "100 Best Places to Work" and one of the state’s "100 Best Green Companies."
Other milestones from 2009 included:
- Release of Tripwire Enterprise 7.6, broadening the scope of Tripwire’s change auditing and configuration assessment solution. Tripwire Enterprise 7.6 adds support for 64-bit consoles, expands coverage for its real-time agents and adds workflow options that provide a prioritized, risk-based approach to detecting and reconciling changes to critical IT systems.
- Introduction of Tripwire Express for PCI. Tripwire Express for PCI is an enhanced file integrity monitoring solution that enables smaller retailers to quickly achieve and maintain PCI compliance based on "pay as you grow" pricing.
- Tripwire announced 24 publicly referenced Tripwire Enterprise customers, including Aria Systems, Anderson Zaks, Hillgate Travel, Home Properties, SEFCU Banks and SEI.
- Unveiling of Tripwire Remote Operations Service, a new solution that provides complete remote administration and maintenance of Tripwire Enterprise, ensuring consistency and performance while lowering customers’ Total Cost of Ownership of the system.
- Introduction of Tripwire Compliance Management Pack for Microsoft System Center Operations Manager 2007. Customers who use both Tripwire Enterprise and System Center Operations Manager 2007 in their IT operations will now be able to seamlessly manage policy from a single viewpoint, ensuring continuous compliance.
- Validation of Tripwire Enterprise for Common Criteria Evaluation Assurance Level (EAL) 3 Augmented with Flaw Remediation (ALC_FLR.2) or EAL 3+ for short. This certification illustrates Tripwire’s continuing commitment to building solutions for the rigors of government use.
- Multiple additions to the Tripwire trophy case: 2009 Software Company of the Year Award by TechAmerica Oregon, inclusion in the 2009 Inc. 5000 list, a 2009 Windows IT Pro Editors’ Best Awards for Tripwire Enterprise, and a Redmond Magazine Reader’s Choice Award for Tripwire Enterprise.
"This past year presented IT departments throughout the world with a perfect storm of challenges, including heightened threats of data breaches, ever-increasing compliance pressures, and reduced IT budgets," said Jim B. Johnson, President and CEO of Tripwire. "Tripwire’s success throughout 2009 can be directly attributed to the talented team we’ve assembled and their tireless commitment to helping our customers meet their security and compliance needs with a maximum return on their investment."