Tripwire Ends Q4 and 2008 with Record Revenue, Bookings & Growth
Portland, OR - Jan 21, 2009 - Tripwire, Inc.® today announced that it ended 2008 with a record month and quarter for sales. Turning in a record year, Tripwire revenue grew 27 percent year over year, with bookings growing 36 percent in the same time period. This astounding growth in the face of a tough economic climate is testament to Tripwire’s strategy to ensure its leadership position through new and innovative thinking – from the technology it brings to market to how it develops its deep customer relationships.
Tripwire ended the year with more than 6,550 customers and $62 million dollars in revenue. Tripwire’s sustained growth has been fueled by its ability to quickly address market needs for new technologies that address a wide variety of compliance activities.
In 2008, Tripwire introduced Tripwire Enterprise 7.5V, an industry-first solution focused on helping IT address emerging issues around virtualization security and virtualization sprawl. Further, Tripwire continued to expand its configuration assessment product, introducing policies to address NERC; FISMA; FDCC; Microsoft Exchange and IIS; VMware ESX; Oracle 10g; ISO 27001; and enhanced support for SOX and COBIT. Tripwire now offers more policies and remediation guidance than any other vendor in the marketplace and has a clear commitment to continuing to provide a breadth and depth of policies to market.
Furthering Tripwire’s commitment to invest in solutions that directly address market needs, in 2008 Tripwire announced ConfigCheck, a free utility developed by Tripwire in cooperation with VMware that ensures ESX environments are properly configured—offering immediate insight into unintentional vulnerabilities in virtual environments—and provides the necessary steps towards full remediation when they are not. Tripwire ConfigCheck and its complementary remediation guide have been viewed and downloaded by more than 60,000 people since its introduction. In addition, Tripwire announced tailored solutions to help retailers and hospitality merchants directly address Payment Card Industry (PCI) Data Security Standards, furthering its position as a leader in file integrity monitoring.
In addition, Tripwire also achieved the following milestones in 2008:
- Ended the year debt-free.
- Recorded total bookings of $70.5 million
- Grew its employee base 22 percent and was honored by Oregon Business Magazine as one of Oregon’s "100 Best Places to Work." However, truly reflecting Tripwire’s reputation as an employer of choice is employee retention, which was 95 percent in 2008.
- Returned more than $23,000 to the Portland community though a combination of donated goods, money, and employee volunteer time.
- Was named an Enterprise Management Associates All-Star in Change Management; was honored as an Inc. Magazine InnerCity 100 award winner; and named to the Inc. 5000 list of Fastest Growing Companies.
- Granted two patents for Homogeneous Monitoring of Heterogeneous Nodes and Integrity Based Failover.
- Reached its 6,000th customer in May, including a majority of the top 100 US retailers.
- Moved offices to 101 SW Main Place in Portland, allowing it to further its ongoing initiative to reduce the burden its operation poses on the environment, at the same time reducing the long-term costs of doing business.
"Delivering on the customer commitment through innovation and integrity has been our focus," CEO Jim Johnson said. "Providing more value through solutions tailored to specific customer needs that help them sleep better at night is central to our success. Coupled with a team that consistently delivers has led Tripwire to another record-shattering month, quarter and year."