Tripwire Launches Remediation Manager To Automate Compliance and Ensure Total Control
Portland, OR - Jul 26, 2010 - Tripwire Inc., a leading global provider of IT security and compliance automation solutions, today announced availability of the latest version of its industry leading configuration control and file integrity monitoring solution. Tripwire® Enterprise 8.0 features the addition of Remediation Manager, a major new capability that automatically repairs configuration errors reported by Tripwire Enterprise's Compliance Policy Manager. This allows organizations to efficiently and cost-effectively bring their IT systems into compliance with internal policy and regulatory mandates.
Tripwire Enterprise 8.0 users can easily correct any deviations against dozens of policies, including PCI, SOX, NERC and FISMA, and realize a significant return on investment by drastically reducing the time spent repairing non-complaint configuration items – in most cases from hours to just minutes. Remediation Manager can repair up to 98 percent of failed configuration tests, depending on policy type, on platforms like Windows, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, SUSE Linux and Solaris. With Tripwire Enterprise 8.0, organizations are empowered to:
- Protect their systems through Tripwire Enterprise's Compliance Policy Manager, which aligns critical infrastructures with industry standards, vendor hardening guidelines, or security benchmarks and best practices.
- Detect changes or deviations across multiple platforms and configurations with File Integrity Manager, which scans critical files in real time and immediately identifies the changes that could represent breaches or potentially open the door to exploits and intrusions.
- Correct these deviations as rapidly and efficiently as possible, with traceable approvals and workflows, with Remediation Manager – a powerful solution for reducing the time spent repairing configurations and as well as the risk that a misaligned configuration item might be exploited.
"We're excited about the new Remediation Manager in Tripwire Enterprise 8.0 and believe it will provide true value in allowing us to accelerate our remediation processes as we bring systems back into compliance," said Kevin Quinlan, senior IT director, Bertucci's.
Tripwire Enterprise 8.0 expands the capabilities of the Tripwire VIATM solution, the comprehensive suite of industry-leading file integrity, policy compliance and log and event management solutions designed to help organizations proactively achieve continuous compliance, mitigate risk and ensure operational control through:
- Visibility: Policy test failures can often be lost in the operations shuffle, leaving no clear record of the "who, what or when" that supports audit readiness. Remediation Manager provides workflow tracking, approvals, and constant visibility into the state of misaligned or drifted configuration items.
- Intelligence: With Tripwire Enterprise 8.0, Tripwire's extensive remediation advice libraries are transformed into proactive tools that rapidly repair misaligned configurations and place them in an audit-passing state.
- Automation: Tripwire Enterprise's Remediation Manager automates important but tedious and time-consuming tasks, while adding the traceability and accuracy needed to serve as a bridge between compliance and operations teams.
"Our customers trust Tripwire Enterprise as a strategic solution for securing configurations and ensuring compliance of their critical infrastructure with regulations like PCI DSS or security standards like FISMA," said Dan Schoenbaum, chief operating officer of products for Tripwire. "With Remediation Manager, we're now offering an automated way to centrally remediate configuration problems and mitigate security risks before customers can be exploited or fail an audit – without requiring the cost and time of manual IT administration. Customers who have tested the solution calculated that the product would pay for itself in less than a year."
Organizations can also access real-time status reports monitoring the progress of remediation work orders, allowing operations and compliance teams to ensure all stakeholders are informed of remediation states and are prepared for audit. Additional features of Tripwire Enterprise 8.0 include certified Security Content Automation Protocol (SCAP) support for the United States government's Federal Desktop Core Configuration mandate and added support for Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 and Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.4. Tripwire Enterprise 8.0 has also been FIPS 140-2 certified, and its Center for Internet Security (CIS) policies have been recertified to provide updated security content across 28 platforms, applications and devices.
Pricing and Availability
Remediation Manager is available as a per-server add-on to existing Tripwire Enterprise implementations or bundled with initial purchases and can be purchased immediately. For more information, please visit http://www.tripwire.com.
About Tripwire, Inc.
Tripwire is a leading global provider of IT security and compliance automation solutions that help businesses and government agencies take control of their IT infrastructure. Thousands of customers rely on Tripwire's integrated solutions to help protect sensitive data, prove compliance and prevent outages. Tripwire VIA™, the comprehensive suite of industry-leading file integrity, policy compliance and log and event management solutions, is the way organizations proactively achieve continuous compliance, mitigate risk, and ensure operational control through Visibility, Intelligence and Automation. Learn more at www.tripwire.com and @TripwireInc on Twitter.