Tripwire Strengthens Industry-Leading Configuration Auditing Solution
Portland, OR - Aug 19, 2009 - Tripwire®, the leader in data center compliance and infrastructure management, today announced availability of the newest version of its flagship product, Tripwire® Enterprise 7.6. Broadening the scope of Tripwire’s change auditing and configuration assessment solution, Tripwire Enterprise 7.6 adds support for 64-bit consoles, expands coverage for its real-time agents and adds workflow options that provide a prioritized, risk-based approach to detecting and reconciling changes to critical IT systems.
"Tripwire offers the broadest and deepest solution for change auditing and configuration assessment, and maintaining that distinction is important to us," said Dan Schoenbaum, Chief Operating Officer of Products for Tripwire. "With this current release of Tripwire Enterprise 7.6, we have added compelling new and enhanced features including 64-bit consoles that support the needs of our largest enterprise customers, and new workflow options that deliver a more manageable and efficient user experience."
Tripwire Enterprise 7.6 helps IT achieve and maintain a secure and compliant state with new features and functionality including:
- Support larger implementations with 64-bit consoles: New 64-bit consoles for Windows 2008, RHEL 5.2 and SUSE 10.2 dramatically increase the number of Tripwire agents that can be concurrently managed from the Tripwire Enterprise Console, allowing even the largest of enterprises to monitor their critical infrastructure.
- Additional Support for Real-Time Agents: Real-time agents can not only detect changes as they happen, but can also identify which users made these changes. Tripwire Enterprise 7.6 adds real-time monitoring for several additional 64-bit platforms including Windows 2003 Server, Windows 2008 Server and Windows Vista SP1, allowing real-time security and detection.
- Policy-Based Filtering: A unique capability that allows users to "sort" detected changes by their criticality or potential to cause harm, allowing users to focus on remediating the riskiest changes to their systems and take a risk-based approach to change management.
- Expanded security and regulatory policies: Additional polices and standards to support Tripwire’s already impressive library of more than 170 security and regulatory policies for different hardware platforms, applications and operating systems. Not only is this a greater number of out-of-the box policies than any other compliance solution, but because Tripwire has 25 percent more CIS certifications than any other vendor, each policy has the depth to handle the most stringent configuration security needs.
- Integration with the Tripwire Customer Center: Tripwire Enterprises’ User Home Pages now provide customers with direct access to the Tripwire Customer Center: a centralized set of powerful self-help tools for Tripwire Enterprise administrators and managers. Included is a complete library of "how-to" documents and videos, online support, a fully indexed knowledge base, a dynamic user forum and an interactive developer’s blog.
Additionally, Tripwire Enterprise 7.6 has included features to improve the overall user experience and functionality of the solution including improved, faster reporting with new layouts; an updated user interface that streamlines and simplifies the command bar, updates the look and feel, and improved overall product usability; and a number of security enhancements and customer-requested features, including support for SHA-2 hashing standards, SNMP v3, and enhancements to overall data management.
Tripwire Enterprise 7.6 is available immediately for download.