How Far Along is Your Organization with Risk-Based Security Management (RBSM)?
When we polled 350 audience members on a recent webcast and asked them, “How far along is your organization in your deployment of risk management programs?” this is how they answered:
- 17% say all of their risk management program activities are fully deployed
- 24% say most risk management programs are fully deployed
- 41% say most risk management programs are only partially deployed
- 11% say most risk management program activities have yet to be deployed
- 18% say they don’t have a risk-based security management program
As risk-based security management continues to gain acceptance as a global security practice, it’s evident that there’s still a long journey ahead for most of us.
For those of you that couldn’t join us in June’s event, we presented the 2012 Ponemon Institute Risk-based research report and findings. This research study revealed that 77% of organizations are committed to RBSM, yet only 45% have metrics to help demonstrate program success.
You can still access this webcast on-demand here.
Dwayne Melancon, CTO of Tripwire and Cindy Valladares, Product Marketing, led an informative discussion and provided a good summary of the study’s key findings in this recording. Key points discussed were:
- How organizations are measuring the effectiveness of risk-based security management
- Which factors increase the likelihood your organization will implement risk management as a formal security practice
- What the top threats that risk and information security organizations identify with and are concerned about
All the best,