According to new data from ICS-CERT, more than 200 security incidents occurred between October 2012 and May 2013. More than half of these incidents occurred within the energy sector, followed closely by critical manufacturing.
Why are we seeing such a dramatic rise in security incidents, and why are attackers specifically targeting critical infrastructure?
Listen to Episode 87 of our Security Slice podcast and hear Lamar Bailey and Tim Erlin discuss the difference between “incidents” and “attacks,” why regulated industries seem to have more cyberattacks in general, and the impact Stuxnet has had on SCADA and ICS security.
- NERC CIP Version 5: One Giant Leap
- The Evolution of Industrial Control System Information Sharing
- NERC CIP: It Gets Worse Before it Gets Better
- Introducing the Complete NERC Solution Suite
- Security Slice: Risk Based Security – Commitment vs. Understanding
- Security Slice: Apple’s Invisible Security Strategy
- Security Slice: Risk Based Security – An Art or Science?
- Security Slice Podcast: Setting Up Security Standards
P.S. Have you met John Powers, supernatural CISO?
Title image courtesy of ShutterStock