Tripwire Business Momentum Accelerates in 2015
PORTLAND, Ore. — April 13, 2016 — Tripwire, Inc., a leading global provider of endpoint detection and response, security, compliance and IT operations solutions, today announced record revenues and profits in 2015 led by strong sales of Tripwire® IP360™, a vulnerability management solution; Tripwire® Enterprise, a security configuration management and policy compliance solution; and , a security and compliance solution designed to meet the unique compliance and cyber security requirements of energy organizations.
“After our acquisition by Belden last year, growth and profitability have continued at an aggressive pace,” said Gus Malezis, President of Tripwire. “We were able to successfully take advantage of key market opportunities in a variety of critical infrastructure industries in 2015, and we expect this momentum to continue. We are continuing to invest deeply in technology innovation, customer relationships, channel and third party vendor partnerships, and aligning our solutions for optimum delivery.”
Key 2015 business highlights include:
- NERC Solutions Suite sales increased over 200 percent.
- Bookings for Europe, Middle East and Africa doubled in the second half of 2015.
- Won thelargest multimillion-dollar deal in the company’s history.
- Year over year channel sales increased significantly.
Key 2015 technical highlights include:
- Tripwire’s suite of vulnerability management solutions now detect over 108,000 conditions, which is a 73 percent increase in vulnerability coverage and a 153 percent increase in application coverage from 2014.
- Policy and regulatory compliance coverage for Tripwire Enterprise increased by over 200 new policies across 26 policy types.
- Craig Young, a security researcher with Tripwire’s Vulnerability Exposure and Research Team (VERT), was thanked for vulnerability submissions in the Apple iOS 8.4 Security Content Notice in November 2015 and in an HP security bulletin in December 2015. He was also added to the Google Hall of Fame for security researchers.
- Tripwire Enterprise and Tripwire IP360 include comprehensive platform and policy support for Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) version 3.2.
“Our business results demonstrate the value our solutions deliver to our customers,” said Dwayne Melancon, chief technology officer and vice president of research and development for Tripwire. “We continue to invest in industry-leading technology and solutions, delivering effective, integrated and scalable solutions that meet the most challenging security and compliance issues our customers face.”
Tripwire security and vulnerability management solutions protect critical servers and endpoints for more than 9,500 customers across 91 countries. More than half of Fortune 500 companies trust Tripwire with their security and compliance needs. Tripwire solutions protect many of the largest, most sensitive networks in the world, including nine of the top 10 utilities in the U.S., eight of the top 10 global retailers, and seven of the top 10 global telecommunications firms. Worldwide, Tripwire solutions protect over 10 million assets.
Tripwire is the largest “pure-play” competitor focused exclusively on the security configuration management and security and vulnerability management markets. The International Data Corporation’s (IDC) annual report, “Worldwide Security and Vulnerability Management Market Shares, 2014: The Need for Improved Incident Response Driving Higher Growth Across the Market,” shows that Tripwire remains the second-largest vendor in the policy and compliance category. With 10.3 percent market share in this category, Tripwire’s market presence now exceeds Symantec and is second only to IBM. Tripwire is also positioned as one of the top five vendors in the overall security and vulnerability management market — ahead of McAfee, NetIQ, Symantec, Qualys, Rapid7 and Tenable Network Security.
For more information, please visit: www.tripwire.com.
Tripwire is a leading provider of security, compliance and IT operations solutions for enterprises, industrial organizations, service providers and government agencies. Tripwire solutions are based on high-fidelity asset visibility and deep endpoint intelligence combined with business context; together these solutions integrate and automate security and IT operations. Tripwire’s portfolio of enterprise-class solutions includes configuration and policy management, file integrity monitoring, vulnerability management, log management, and reporting and analytics. Learn more at tripwire.com, get security news, trends and insights at https://www.tripwire.com/blog/ or follow us on Twitter @TripwireInc.