Establishing and further developing a viable and effective information security posture begins with the process of understanding what to do first, and how to prioritize efforts in a manageable manner that maximizes resources and personnel.
Protecting critical business systems and data while making them accessible to the organization so that security does not interfere with the organization’s primary business objectives is of the utmost importance.
And remember, there are no silver bullets – a robust security program requires forethought, diligence, and continued vigilance.
In this video, leading security experts discuss the benefits of a measured approach to building an effective security program that enables the business to succeed.
Included in the commentary are:
- Jane Lute, former DHS Deputy Secretary and current President and CEO of the Council on Cyber Security
- Michael Hayden, Principal at The Chertoff Group
- Prescott Winter, Managing Director of the Chertoff Group
- Keren Cummins, Tripwire’s Director of Federal Solutions
- Dealing With Unrealistic Security Expectations from the Executive Office
- Do You Care About Due Care?
- Managing Security with Limited Resources
- The Role of Security in Creating a Standard of Due Care
The Executive’s Guide to the Top 20 Critical Security Controls
Tripwire has compiled an e-book, titled The Executive’s Guide to the Top 20 Critical Security Controls: Key Takeaways and Improvement Opportunities, which is available for download [registration form required].
Definitive Guide to Attack Surface Analytics
Also: Pre-register today for a complimentary hardcopy or e-copy of the forthcoming Definitive Guide™ to Attack Surface Analytics. You will also gain access to exclusive, unpublished content as it becomes available.
Title image courtesy of ShutterStock