It’s been nearly two months since Verizon’s highly anticipated, much respected, sure-to-be-quoted-all-year, 2011 Verizon Data Breach Investigations Report (DBIR) was published.
In the context of the many data breaches that have happened as of late, we thought it an opportune time to point out some* blog posts and podcasts by really smart InfoSec folks that have done a stellar job at distilling and digesting the wealth of knowledge contained in Verizon’s 2011 DBIR into manageable, actionable nuggets.
So here it goes (in order of publish date):
*This is by no means a comprehensive list, probably just enough to whet your DBIR appetite!
- 4/19 Rich Mogull (@rmogull) “How to Read and Act on the 2011 Verizon Data Breach Investigations Report (DBIR)”
- 4/19 Network Security Podcast Interview by Martin McKeay (@mckeay) with Alex Hutton (@alexhutton) and Chris Porter (@cdporter00) from Verizon Network Security Podcast Episode 238 about the 2011 DBIR
- 4/19 Dr. Anton Chuvakin (@anton_chuvakin) “Verizon DBIR 2011 is OUT!”
- 4/20 Episode 50 of The Southern Fried Security Podcast with Martin Fisher (@armorguy), Steve Ragan and Joseph Sokoly (@jsokoly) with special guest Josh Corman (@joshcorman) discussing the 2011 Verizon DBIR.
- 4/20 Scott Crawford (@s_crawford) “The 2011 Verizon Data Breach Investigations Report Deserves a Closer Look”
- 4/25 Jack Daniel (@jack_daniel) “How to misinterpret the Verizon DBIR”, 5/4 “Verizon DBIR (or, I told you so)”
- 5/3 Jon Speer (@jonspeer) “Sony PSN Breach Fits Same Trend Seen in 2011 Verizon DBIR”
- 5/5 Bret Lenmark (@Blenmark) “Dr. Strangebreach or: How I learned to stop worrying and love the Verizon DBIR”
What were your favorite posts that you read about the 2011 Verizon DBIR?