Next week we’ll start our live coverage from the largest security conference in North America, the RSA Conference in San Francisco. Dwayne Melancon, CTO of Tripwire, will be giving a presentation titled “Risky Business”.
In his presentation he’ll be talking about why it is important to connect the actions of information security groups to business problems and results. He’ll be addressing how to make investments in security that the business will support. In his session you will hear straight-forward methods to incorporate risk into your security strategy, some practical techniques to convey the value of security to the business, and the short list of security “must haves” for your higher risk systems and data. Dwayne believes that System State Intelligence is a key ingredient for security and compliance efforts, as it provides visibility into the configuration, status and posture of IT systems to enable security context and prioritization.
Here’s a preview of Dwayne’s presentation, which will occur on Tuesday, February 28th @ 11 am at the expo hall main stage.
If you’re going to be at RSA this year, stop by our Tripwire booth (# 1031) to learn how we can help you:
- Reduce your exposure to attacks – by proactively hardening your systems
- Report your security and compliance posture to the business – by linking IT security to business needs and results
- Get more value out of your SIEM – by enhancing your SIEM with System State Intelligence to reduce breaches
- Enforce your configuration standards and policies – by monitoring and measuring adherence to your security policies
- Automate your compliance efforts – by lowering the cost of achieving and maintaining regulatory compliance
Hope to see you there. If you can’t make it, follow our team via this blog or on Twitter for live coverage.
Risk sign image via Shutterstock