It’s that time of the year when we look back at what we’ve accomplished in the last twelve months and create new goals for the year ahead. It’s been busy here at Tripwire — our group of bloggers have been keeping you updated with latest news and trends in information security and risk management.
To thank you for your readership, I’ve compiled a list of your favorite blog posts of 2012:
- 25 Infosec Gurus Admit to their Mistakes…and What They Learned from Them — we all have had security blunders, and the pros admit to theirs
- Top 25 Influencers in Security You Should Be Following — we created this a year ago, but it’s been a very popular post throughout 2012.
- Myth or Fact? Debunking 15 of the Biggest Information Security Myths — myth busters infosec style
- 20 of the Best IT Security Lessons Ever Learned — advice from information security professionals
- Low Cost Open Source Wireless Hacking – HackRF Jawbreaker — for the hacker in you
- Intrusion Detection and the Kill Chain — what is a ‘kill chain’ anyways?
- Explaining Information Security, Risk and Compliance to Your Mom — tips for explaining what you do to your non-geeky family members
- Penetration Testing with Smartphones — given the proliferation of BYOD, this post offer tips for preventing attacks from inside the network
- Are Your Security Metrics Top 5 Worthy? — characteristics of effective metrics
- 15 Tips to Improve Your Infosec Risk Management Practice — risk management tips from successful CISOs
- Back to the Basics of Information Security — fundamentals in information security
- The Coming Storm: Forensics in the Cloud — do the benefits of the cloud outweigh the risks
Wishing you much success and happiness in 2013. Cheers!
2012 image courtesy of Shutterstock