HIPAA Compliance for IT with Tripwire:
Securing Personal Health Information
The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) was implemented to protect the confidentiality and integrity of electronic personal health information. Compliance means that both virtual and physical networks and servers must be maintained according to HIPAA policies and verified in the event of an audit.
The Tripwire HIPAA Solution: Meeting the Security Standards Set Forth in Section 164
The Tripwire solution for HIPAA IT Compliance incorporates best practices for high integrity systems management. Tripwire meets the requirements of HIPAA, reduces time spent fighting fires caused by poor network security practices and enhances data security for electronic personal health information (ePHI).
Tripwire’s comprehensive solution:
- Allows you to meet the core intent of HIPAA's integrity controls with file integrity monitoring (FIM).
- Addresses each of the requirements in the Security Rules associated with Part 164, Subpart C, Section 164.312 of Title II of the HIPAA.
- Assures that change is measured and controlled and that compliance status is tracked.
- Automates the repair of configurations that intentionally or accidentally deviate from secure and compliant states.
- Manages policy compliance for HIPAA as well as a variety of security frameworks such as ISO 27001, COBIT, and NIST.