NIST 800-53 Compliance: Tripwire’s Solution for Continuous Monitoring and Risk Management of Federal Information Systems
Special publications from NIST provide guidance to federal agencies around FISMA compliance. NIST SP 800-53 provides guidelines on security controls required for federal information systems. NIST SP 800-37 was recently released to help achieve near real-time risk management through continuous monitoring of the controls defined in NIST 800-53. NIST 800-137 was also released to provide additional guidance that will require automation to extend reporting and monitoring enterprise-wide.
Tripwire delivers continuous and automated monitoring of NIST 800-53 security controls to help government agencies identify and prioritize assets, identify risk threshold, determine monitoring frequency and report to authorizing officials.
Tripwire’s solution for NIST 800-53/FISMA compliance:
- Implements security controls and assesses configurations against NIST 800-53 policy requirements
- Provides automated remediation or remediation guidance of misconfigurations across heterogeneous IT infrastructure
- Continuously monitors IT configurations and detects high-risk changes with prioritized, actionable real-time alerts
- Demonstrates, through real-time dashboards and automated reports, current, historical and trending compliance
- Extracts actionable information from servers, networks and systems to provide forensic analysis and on-demand, auditable proof
Watch the Practical Guide to Continuous Monitoring, Video Series
Watch the 4 part Video Series with Tripwire Lead Systems Engineer, Steve Johnston, CISSPWatch Now