SANS: Back to Basics
See how focusing on the first six CIS Critical Security Controls can protect you from the majority of cyber attacks.
Despite years of increasing security controls and improving policy compliance, cybercriminals continue to successfully breach organizations. Research has consistently shown that the majority of security incidents occur because basic controls were not implemented properly – or at all.
John Pescatore from the SANS Institute lists the first six CIS Critical Security Controls and how they can be deployed to protect against most real-world cyberattacks:
- Inventory of Authorized and Unauthorized Devices
- Inventory of Authorized and Unauthorized Software
- Secure Configurations for Hardware and Software Devices
- Continuous Vulnerability Assessment and Remediation
- Controlled Use of Administrative Privileges
- Maintenance, Monitoring, and Analysis of Audit Logs
Complete the form to obtain this “SANS Back to Basics” white paper and learn how you can bolster your security defenses.