Organizations have continually found new ways to unlock the value of Tripwire Enterprise, adding additional leverage to a valuable strategic business solution. And now you can extend Tripwire Enterprise to achieve better, faster and more cost-effective cyberthreat protection and compliance.
You have many complex systems to manage in your environment and sometimes those multiple “sources of truth” don’t necessarily agree. Tripwire® Enterprise (TE) Integration Framework provides an automated way for systems to directly integrate and communicate with each other.
- TE Integration Framework can reconcile observed changes against approved changes, enabling you to promote those changes within Tripwire Enterprise
- You can also update the status of change ticket in popular change ticketing systems such as BMC Remedy, ServiceNow, Jira, Cherwell, CA Service Desk and IBM Flex
- Any changes not reconciled can be created as incident tickets for your security or operations team to investigate (assuming API support for incident creation). Tripwire Enterprise provides full details of the unauthorized change, which can be attached to the ticket
- TE Integration Framework can query your CMDB to retrieve metadata about in-scope assets such as business function or system owner, etc. and automatically apply corresponding asset tags within Tripwire Enterprise
In addition, with Tripwire Enterprise Integration Framework you can use data harvested directly from the node to update your CMDB’s records for the corresponding asset to ensure that Tripwire Enterprise and your CMDB stay in close alignment.
TE Integration Framework adds increased automation for data centers operations and IT security teams, helping to simplify and automate many complex types of systems in the environment:
- Capture actual details of implemented change
- Reconcile observed against approved changes
- Get full details of unauthorized changes attached to an incident ticket for investigation
- Retrieve attribute/metadata about in-scope assets
- Automatically apply corresponding asset tags within Tripwire Enterprise
- Leverage data harvested direction from the node to update CMDB records and stay aligned
Tripwire Apps Help You Achieve a New Level of Scale and Workflow Efficiency with Your Tripwire Solution
- Connect with the most popular IT and security solutions to collect data on your most critical systems for a single source of truth
- Reduce the friction between your data and the visibility and insight you need to track the current state of your environment
- Report on approved as well as unauthorized endpoint settings
- Save time and resources by automatically reconciling changes resulting from software updates
Other Available Tripwire Apps
Sends compliance, scoring, and change data to other systems such as SIEMs and enterprise reporting products, giving overall security ecosystem visibility for the enterprise.
Matches hardened and secure configurations with allowlisting, including OS services, installed software, and enabled ports, and active user accounts, alerting on exceptions. This automation can keep exception alerting to just the detection of threats or “changes of interest” that may require investigation.
Reduces workload by identifying known good changes from legitimate patch sources, increasing confidence that automating the patch promotion process will only facilitate known good changes, and potentially “bad” changes cannot sneak in during times that configurations are known to be changing (such as Patch Tuesdays).
Cross-platform command line interface for Tripwire Enterprise, allowing unlimited integration and workflow possibilities. This facility delivers the greatest flexibility and customization to our customers.