Security Configuration Management exists at the point where IT security and IT operations meet. It’s a software-based solution that combines elements of vulnerability assessment, automated remediation, and configuration assessment.
The goal of SCM is to reduce security risks by ensuring that systems are properly configured—hardened—to meet internal and/or regulatory security and compliance standards.
Download The Security Configuration Management Buyer's Guide to learn:
- The four steps of the configuration management process
- What to look for in an SCM solution
- How File Integrity Monitoring works with SCM
- The five steps of the FIM process and what to look for in a solution
- Platform selection considerations
- The importance of enterprise integration to SCM
Let Tripwire help you Establish a Configuration Management Process for Reducing Security Risks and Proper Configuration