Australian Equity Trading Exchange Operator
As a self-described “innovator,” Sydney-based Chi-X Australia is turning the Australian securities market landscape on its head. For the first time ever, Australian investors are being given a compelling alternative to the ASX, the country’s predominant exchange since the mid-1980s. Chi-X has gone from a fledging startup in 2011 to now handling regularly up to over 29% of all on-exchange equity trades processed in Australia.
To achieve these results, Chi-X Australia maintains a clinical focus on three broad areas: quality of service, attractive pricing and execution excellence. Underpinning all three is the selection of best-in-class solutions. The company’s IT function is a prime example of this approach—instead of needing the several hundred personnel traditionally found in comparable organizations, Chi-X Australia employs a handful of highly experienced technical professionals and delivers far better service levels at a fraction of the cost of its competitor
We’ve gone from 0% to over 29% of Australian equity securities trading market share in just over three years; Tripwire technology is at the front and center of how we accomplished this. It substantially supports us in our desire to maintain impeccable system integrity, keep service levels high and offer very low costs.Mike Aikins, Chief Operations and Technology Officer, Chi-X Australia
- Identify a preeminent software provider capable of partnering to achieve very high levels of service in this highly regulated industry
- Implement a security configuration management system designed for easeof-use and resource optimization
- Surpass regulatory compliance in a continually disciplined and efficient manner
Following a comprehensive evaluation phase, Chi-X Australia implemented Tripwire® Enterprise to provide real-time change intelligence and reporting. The fully integrated security configuration management suite enabled the company to quickly establish a foundational baseline across the entire IT infrastructure. This is used as the reference point to continually monitor any subsequent deviations or events that could impact security or operational performance. Tripwire Enterprise provides detailed reports that highlight correlations and relationships between seemingly unrelated changes in an accessible and intuitive format, making it an ideal choice for Chi-X Australia’s resource-efficient staffing model and desire for service excellence.
I view Tripwire Enterprise as a virtual staff member. It’s a focused and ruthless watchman! We have a very small group of key, strategic vendors—Tripwire is one of them.Mike Aikins, Chief Operations and Technology Officer, Chi-X Australia
- Enabled 360-degree visibility and detailed tracking of all change activity across entire IT infrastructure
- Automated creation of reports identifying deviations from baseline infrastructure configuration
- Implemented configuration hardening that exceeds industry compliance mandates
- Facilitated business goals by deploying an enterprise configuration management solution capable of supporting the company’s objectives for extreme growth, integrity, and optimal human resource utilization
- Continual 24/7 monitoring and intuitive, intelligent reporting enables internal team to focus solely on highvalue exceptions, rather than mundane grey-noise detail
Need Help Finding a Cybersecurity Solution?
Contact one of our product experts to find a solution that meets your security needs and reduces your business risk. Whether you have one or several initiatives to respond to, Tripwire ensures compliance, security, and flexible risk management solutions.