10. Plano, TXPlano, Texas, has a population of 283,619. GoodCall's analysts spotted 21 information security jobs when they checked out the city. Those jobs sported a salary that's nearly double the median overall salary for the city.
9. Troy, MIAt just 83,276 residents, Troy, Michigan, has the smallest population on GoodCall's top 10 list. Even so, security experts who settle there can enjoy the fact that rent accounts for less than a quarter of their household income.
8. Chattanooga, TNRent in Chattanooga, Tennessee, might account for a higher percentage (30.5 percent) than Troy and Plano. But information security analysts can take comfort in the city's high number of amenities and an industry salary that's more than double Chattanooga's median overall salary.
7. Irving, TXIrving, Texas, is an overall great place to live for information security professionals. Jobs are abundant at 0.1014 per 1,000 residents. With a salary that's 1.8 times greater than the city's median salary and rent that's just a quarter of household income, experts who settle here have lots of money to spare.
6. Orlando, FLRent in Orlando, Florida, accounts for more than 30 percent of household income. But an average industry salary that's just shy of twice the city's overall median income, not to mention plenty of amenities, makes up for that fact.
5. Cary, NCCary, North Carolina, ranks fifth on GoodCall's top 10 list. The city stands out because of its high salary potential. Its affordability rating (23.1 percent) is also the best among the other cities.
4. Newport Beach, CANewport Beach, California, has the highest number of amenities at 5.46 per 1,000 residents. Information security experts who settle here will no doubt enjoy all those things to do, as well as a good affordability rating at 27.6 percent of household income.
3. Jersey City, NJWith the greatest job availability of 0.2157 positions per 1,000 residents, Jersey City, New Jersey, boasts high salary potential despite a comparatively low number of amenities at 1.98.
2. Sioux Falls, SDSioux Falls, South Dakota's salary potential for information security experts is nearly double the median overall income for the city. It also has a respectable number of amenities at 3.18.
1. Columbia, MDSporting a job availability of 0.1643 posts per 1,000 residents, Columbia, Maryland, is affordable, has a fair number of amenities, and promises great salary potential. What's not to like?